I’m honored to be nominated in the Best Coffee Writing category for this year’s Sprudgie awards. For those who are unfamiliar, the Sprudgies are the specialty coffee industry’s version of the Oscars except that everyone gets to vote.
(You do not need to vote in every category) Voting ends January 9.
This year, my coffee writing went to a few different places:
- Sprudge as Editor-at-Large. You can see all my bylines here.
- My coffee marketing newsletter that I send biweekly.
- I’ve also started republishing the original pieces I wrote for my newsletter to my blog…
- …and to my Medium page.
Some of my favorite pieces include:
- Home pourover bar makeover (I’ve always wanted to do an Apartment Therapy-style before and after article!)
- The big world of tiny cafe miniatures. Never say that your hobbies can’t be an inspiration. This was the start of me going deep into various hobby worlds.
- The wonderful world of coffee antiques. At the time, I didn’t know it but later, I realized I was able to interview someone who has been credited as founding the American interest hobby of antique collecting. She and her husband’s writing and education made it possible for everyday people to start their own collections.
- Template for tracking your own press mentions. I like to provide free resources whenever possible and this one has been on my mind for a while.
- Nostalgia in marketing. I wrote this short one for my newsletter to sync with the piece I did on vintage camper vans turned cafes.
I’ll also be recapping my 2021 year in a separate post.